Whatever be your profession, it becomes important that you are highly motivated at all stages to perform your best. In the corporate world where work can sometimes get monotonous, employers are faced with the problem of keeping their employees’ spirits high. And corporate gifts came into being. This acknowledgement of their efforts for the company goes that extra mile when it comes to motivation.
Many factors play an important role when it comes to corporate gifting. First comes the all-important question, how much should you spend. Once you’ve figured out a budget the next daunting task is how to find a gift that the employee actually likes. This could be easy if it’s a small firm and you know your employees personally, quirks and all. When the question of corporate gifting arises in a significantly larger corporate it becomes important that you get something that will definitely be liked while the choice is also professional.
Here’s how you can ensure you’ve picked the right gift for your employees:
1. The first and most important role is to not play favourites while picking gifts. The exception to this rule is when someone’s performance has been truly outstanding at work.
2. Remember to put in a bit of thought while gifting because otherwise the purpose of gifting will be lost.
3. The easiest way to pick a gift that will be appreciated is to find something that is practical and be useful to the employee.
4. It goes without saying that every employee has a desk. So gifting desk accessories, Vases, photo frames, very small potted indoor plants will definitely be appreciated and also make the workplace look more appealing.
5. Gift boxes are also a great idea and if they are customisable then all the better.
6. Sweets and chocolates or mini treats are universal gifts and will always be appreciated unless the employee is diabetic. Even then you have the option of gifting sugar-free goodies.
7. Personalized note pads and pens are a fab idea. It is a simple way of advertising your company and creating brand recall value. Also, you will be instilling a sense of belonging in your employee.
8. Fidget toys like stress balls are also a nice idea as they help in reducing work stress and add a playful touch to your workstations.
9. Coffee mugs are a tad predictable but if you are looking to personalize them according to your company’s brand image, the employee’s personality, or their position at the office it can serve as a good gift.
10. Gift cards and vouchers are a no-brainer. This gives the employee the chance to pick something of his or her liking.
11. Award trophies are one of the best choices when it comes to corporate gifting. Captions like ‘best employee’, ‘best multitasker’ etc. will be much appreciated.
12. no workplace does not use a computer. So fancy mouse pads with comic book heroes, movie themes, company’s brand logo, etc. are also good ideas.